Sweetie Boy Transportation is a progressive, rapidly expanding auto-hauling company located in Ashland, VA, seeking a Load Planner to join our team. Our success is attributed to our team’s strong work ethic, high standards, integrity, fast-paced, and time-sensitive environment. Our people not only enjoy challenges but also thrive on overcoming obstacles.
As our Load Planner, you will work closely with and under the planning director for SBT. You will be responsible for planning out 200 + unit loads for an average of 50 drivers in your designated region and conveying any issues with units being delayed. You will also be working closely with our dispatch team and account representatives on any changes that happen during the planning stages of said loads.
- Receive and filter through load offers in our TMS, confirm deadlines and delivery windows
- Efficiently plans loads and assigns to trucks/drivers, actively seeking shipments and backhaul opportunities as necessary to ensure fleet is continually operating at peak capacity
- Work with the planning director and SBT dispatch and to improve efficiency
- Utilize software/scheduling sites to pull, build and confirm appointments.
- Analyze revenue to ensure margins are met.
- Filter through order to schedule the more challenging locations in advance.
- Discern what orders need to be split to redelivery location.
- Assist in the transition of the SBT planning process to the SBT dispatch operations team.
- Assist in monitoring internal and external emails that relate to SBT rating, accepting, and planning of orders.
- Understand the transportation hours of service and scheduling hours to allow for planning of deliveries.
- Monday - Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Minimum of 2 year dispatching, load planning, and load building experience
- Understanding the implications of new information from both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Strong communication skills by talking to others face to face, using email, or by phone to convey information effectively.
- Be able to adjust plans as orders change, grow, cancel, or push out.
- Frequency of decision making.
- Be able to work as a team internal and external.
- Be able to pace and schedule under time pressure.
- Deal with external customers.
- Use conflict resolution techniques.
- Knowledge of freight shipping or storage procedures.
- Geographical knowledge - transportation.
- Be able to analyze financial data.
- Basic knowledge of excel, word, and google sheets.
- $40,000 - $45,000 salary position (based on experience)- paid weekly w/ direct deposit
- Compensation is negotiable based on levels of experience
This full-time position offers a competitive compensation package with benefits such as bonus medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with employer matching, and paid time off. Exceptional professional development and promotional opportunities are also available for motivated individuals seeking to advance their careers. Get your career moving and APPLY TODAY!
The "Sweetie Boy" Difference our employees have the advantage of taking part of is our insane growth potential, open door policy owner, family atmosphere where your opinion matters, and the latest technology. Our biggest requirement above all is a safety first mindset and being a top of the line communicator.