Sweetie Boy Transportation is a progressive, rapidly expanding auto-hauling company located in Ashland, VA, seeking a Line Level Dispatcher to join our team. Our success is attributed to our team’s strong work ethic, high standards, integrity, fast-paced, and time-sensitive environment. Our people not only enjoy challenges but also thrive on overcoming obstacles. We are seeking an experienced and like-minded Line Level Dispatcher with similar attributes for our Dispatching Department to facilitate continued expansion.
As our Line Level Dispatcher, you will coordinate operational route planning to fully utilize fleet capacity for optimum efficiency and probability. Additional responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Receives load offers, evaluates logistical, feasibility and profitability of servicing requirements by set load deadlines
- Efficiently plans loads and assigns to trucks/drivers, actively seeking shipments and backhaul opportunities as necessary to ensure fleet is continually operating at peak capacity
- Follow-up and continued review of "in progress" loads to satisfactory customer completion
- Communicates load plans, routes, and requirements to drivers and monitors drivers to ensure obligations are being met in a timely manner
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers and drivers to facilitate regular work and operational expansion by providing consistent follow ups and follow throughs
- Appropriately schedules drivers to timely, efficiently, and profitably meet service obligations
- Manage computer dispatch systems and maintain record-keeping for daily reports and dispatch activities
- Monday - Friday; 8:00am to 5:00pm, On call after hours and weekends
- Minimum of 1 year dispatching, load planning, and load building experience
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to multitask in high stress situations
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Proven skills in verbal/written communication
- Exceptional quick-thinking, problem-solving, follow-through, leadership, and motivational abilities
- A commitment to comply with and support safety standards, as well as, all regulatory and company policies and procedures is imperative
- $35,000 - $45,000 salary position (based on experience)- paid weekly w/ direct deposit
- Compensation is negotiable based on levels of experience
This full-time position offers a competitive compensation package with benefits such as bonus medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with employer matching, and paid time off. Exceptional professional development and promotional opportunities are also available for motivated individuals seeking to advance their careers. Get your career moving and APPLY TODAY!
The "Sweetie Boy" Difference our employees have the advantage of taking part of is our insane growth potential, open door policy owner, family atmosphere where your opinion matters, and the latest technology. Our biggest requirement above all is a safety first mindset and being a top of the line communicator.